Sunday, May 16, 2010

cody and emma


I kept going back and forth on whether we should rescue another little furry baby into our household. Yesterday we went to Petco in San Bruno and wanted to see Teddy. Teddy is a Lhasa Apso - he looked so cute on the blog. When I saw him, I was a little shocked to see that he was all shaved. For some reason, I didn't get that "feeling" I did when I saw Emma.

I noticed there was this little cute fluffy white guy and found out that he was available. Laura named him Flopsy because he reminded her of a little bunny. This lady in the wheel chair had first dibs on Flopsy because she was there first. Anyways, she adopted Flopsy (I think it was because she knew that Aaron and I were interested). Laura convinced the family to not pick up Flopsy for another week - I guess she's hoping that maybe they would change their mind so Aaron and I could get Flopsy.

Instead of taking Flopsy back to the kennel and for an 8-9 hour drive, Aaron and I took Flopsy home with us. I think this was also a good idea because I wanted to see how Emma would do with another dog in the house.

Flopsy marked some areas in the house - which I was a little disappointed because my big thing is that the dog is already house-broken. Aaron reminded me that sometimes even dogs that are house-brokened could mark their territories.

Flopsy slept throughout the night, which was great. He did snore a little bit though and I had to put in my ear plugs.

We didn't like the name Flopsy, so we decided to call him Cody. So far he's been great - except for little accidents here and there. I think he's starting to feel comfortable because he's playing with Emma more (Emma probably prefer for him to leave her alone). Hehe.

Lianne took Cody on a walk and he's great with her. Doesn't care that she yanks on his leash or gets him all tangled.

If it doesn't work out with the wheelchair lady, I think Aaron and I have decided to keep Cody. We'll see.

1 comments:

sandy c said...

hope it works out for you guys and you get to keep cody!